BEACHWOOD PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
June 18, 2018
Board Members Present::
Gale Macziewski, President
Bill Abernathy, Vice President
Evon Nuss, Treasurer
Bo Brown, Secretary
Pat Fausnight, At-Large
Note Taker: Elvia Lujan, Property Manager
Meeting called to order by Gale Macziewski at 6:30 pm
Welcome & Recognition of Members Present:
Gary Petras, Galen Macziewski, Barbara DeCapua, Lasaro Lujan Jr., Tolbert & Lisa Moore, Kenneth Kilgore.
Approval of Minutes:
Motion to approve May's minutes made by Bo Brown, second by Pat Fausnight; the motion carried with all in favor.
Financial Reports: None reported ACC Committee Gary Petras- No new report. One storage building permit application was submitted for a new resident. ROADS Committee Bo is waiting for a response from T & S. No estimated start dates as of yet. Trying to avoid working during the 4th of July holiday. Large Dumpster for 4th of July: Dates were discussed on what days to have dumpster out on property and the length of time. Resident's asked, if a bigger size can be ordered? Barbara stated the trash has over filled in the past because people were throwing furniture, piano's, and sail boats, in the dumpster. Pat agreed. Gale also agreed and added is the reason why trash was being put out by dumpster and not in the dumpster. Pat will look into sizes we can get. Fireworks on POA property: Signs will go up around POA property about fireworks. Board agrees that no fireworks are allowed on POA property. Fireworks are to be kept on resident's private property only. Past Due Dues: Pat Fausnight and Bill Abernathy are reviewing current homeowners and their past due dues. 48 current homeowners and/or lot owners have still not paid their dues. 3rd Notice have been sent out. Culverts In the previous years, water company has worked with Gary Petras to blow out culverts. Bo will send a list to Gary in hopes that we can get water company to come out and blow out those in dire need of cleaning. Dock Repair: POA will ask volunteers to help repair boards on docks. Improvement to Boiat Launch: Gale states people have expressed to him about improvements in the boat launch area, such as cleats around the Beachwood POA docking area. Lasaro Lujan Jr. agrees, cleats should be replaced. No decision was made at this time. No Wake Zone in POA cove Gale states that the community would benefit in having buoys around the Beachwood POA cove. This step does have to go through the Water Board. Kenneth Kilgore states that though they are there, it is not enforceable. A number of jet skis have been a nuisance in and around the boat ramp area and have no sense of self-aware about "No Wake Zone" in the boat ramp area or cove. Bo states people may not pay attention just as they do not in the garbage area. Gary Petras agrees with Gale and states a visual Buoys can possibly help them (jet skiers) be aware. He also states, that there have been buoys there in the past there, but along the years they have broken off. Gale will look into permits, plans, as wells as the cost of having this placed in the Beachwood POA cove. Security: An off-duty officer was discussed in having around the neighborhood due to a single incident that was reported over the Memorial holiday. Residents whom attended this meeting did not feel security was necessary for the 4th of July holiday.
Fire Ants: There has been complaints of ants in the pools area. Pest control will be called out to see if they can help control the problem. Volunteers Needed: Pat Fausnight says Don will be cutting grass with tractor on June 26th and 27th , before the 4th of holiday. Volunteers are need to weed eat around Beachwood signs and areas tractor cannot get to. An email blast will be sent out to residents.
Bo Brown Motion to adjourn, second Pat Fausnight; all in favor.