BEACHWOOD PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
April 16, 2018
Board Members Present::
Gale Macziewski, President
Bill Abernathy, Vice President
Evon Nuss, Treasurer
Pat Fausnight, At-Large
Bo Brown, Secretary
Note taker: Elvia Lujan, Property Manager
Meeting called to order by Gale Macziewski at 6:30 pm
Welcome & Recognition of Members Present:
Gary and Susan Petras; Dick & Karen Spencer; Glenn & Joan Fox; Barbara DeCapua; Debbie Macziewski; Pat McKee; Randy Graves Tommy Wheley; Lasaro Lujan Jr.
Approval of Minutes:
Motion to approve March minutes made by Bo Brown second by Bill Abernathy; the motion carried with all in favor.Committee Reports:
Financial Reports: Evon Nuss presented financial report.
ACC Committee Gary Petras- no new report. Lakeview Circle has not started any work, but permit has been approved. Glenn Fox questioned utility tractor on Deer Run, but Gary reports that is water company's tractor. Tommy questioned storage sheds and if a permit was needed. A permit is not necessary for a storage unit.
ROADS Committee Bo will start marking all pot holes He will get ahold of PNS just to get an idea/bid for road work in MAY. Gary Petras questioned if main road is on the agenda to being worked on as well. Bo Brown responded that main road will be in discussion for next year.
Limit Dues: Gale has stated that in 2019 any one who owns a lot will pay dues per lot if you own 1/2 of lot, you will only pay 1/2 of the dues. Bookkeeper and board members have questioned why some dues were inconsistent. It is the consensus of the board that all lots should be consistent across the board. Pat McKee and Randy Grave have questioned this decision. However, the board feels with no evidence or any legal documentation that stated their lots were grandfathered, the board cannot support such decision. Debbie Macziewski asked if this decision is favored when will this decision take into effect. Board responded for 2019.
Motion for Board Members: Motion to approve charging equal amounts for lots, starting in 2019. Motion to approve: Pat Fausnight, 2nd in Motion Evon Nuss. The motion carried with all in favor.
The board members made a Resolution to ByLaws dealing with semiannual meeting by unanimous vote to change to only one annual meeting in October.
Work Day List: Pat Fausnight has stated that an email was sent for Work day set for April 21, 2018 at 8AM and asked community if they have any suggestions. In case of rain, a make-up Work Day is set for April 28, 2018. Pat Fausnight will call it and email everyone if weather does not allow Work Day for April 21,2018.
Burn Pile Update: Pat Fausnight reports a community member is willing to give a lot to Beachwood for Burn Pile. Evon ask when will the paperwork come in. Pat Fausnight and/or Bill Abernathy will do a follow up call to member.
New Pool Brian Birch is hired to be Beachwood Pool Maintenance man. He will begin May 1st and will get paid 300.00 a week. Beachwood will furnish all supplies he will need.
Drainage: Gale Macziewski states a complaint has been sent to him via email. To address owner Pat Jones this concern Gale has stated that the Association cannot be responsible for drainage. It is the responsibility of the owner to fix the problem. The only way association is responsible, is if the association created the drainage problem. Per Gary reading Deed Restriction drainage shall not be altered. An owner questioned what can be done if a neighbor has altered culvert drainage? Gale states this issue should be dealt with by the parties involved. Debbie has asked if someone can talk to him? Some board members have stated he was warned before he built property. Gary has stated he was told he had to be careful of the drainage. Gale Macziewski; Elvia Lujan and Bill Abernathy will get together with Gary to put something in writing for Pat Jones. It was discussed that others owners have paid for their own problems dealing with drainage.
Grill for Clubhouse: The decision for a grill was going back and forth for use by POA only; or also community residents renting the clubhouse. After discussing the pros and cons of having one for the members renting the clubhouse. It was voted that a possible grill for POA USE ONLY will be purchased. Pat Fausnight will look into the cost for a stainless-steel propane grill.
Motion to have Pat Fausnight search for a grill- Evon 2nd motion Pat Fausnight, All in favor.
Evon Nuss states that community member Sue Brown wants to know if there is an alternate location where to put sign and remove it from her yard. She claims no one speeds through that turn and is not necessary. Bo Brown said that he has seen numerous cars speeding down this road as he lives on the same street as Sue Brown. Bo and Bill will look into this matter further.
Evon Nuss Motioned to Adjourn 2nd motion Pat Fausnight, All in favor.