BEACHWOOD PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTOR'S MEETING
JANUARY 15, 2018
IN ATTENDANCE: : Board Members: Dr. Gale Macziewski, Bill Abernathy, Bo Brown and Pat Fausnight (Absent: Evon Nuss) Committee Members: Gary Petras, ACC Property Owners/Others: Katrina Feist, Glenn Fox, Joan Fox
Gale Macziewski called the meeting to order at 6:29 pm Welcome and introductions of all in attendance November meeting minutes were not available for review and will be presented at the next meeting for review Committee Reports:
ACC: Gary Petras presented two new permits; he also reported repairs on the piers from the water inspection is ongoing and he has the needed supplies to complete the repairs that are needed; Gary presented a list of the proposed membership of the Architectural Control Committee (ACC) for 2018: Gary Petras, Chairman; Ed Nuss, Member; and Dan Palm, Member - for approval of the board. Motion to approve the membership members was made by Bill Abernathy, the motion was seconded by Bo Brown and the motion carried with all voting in favor. ROADS: Bo Brown stated there is no new issues with roads at this time and it will be evaluated on an ongoing basis for any needed repairs; Glenn and Joan Fox report the sign on their street needs to be adjusted/repaired and Bo will follow-upBilling/Collections: Pat Fausnight reports they are still receiving payments after re-invoicing past due accounts; she stated the bookkeeper needed additional information that required extra work that was extremely time consuming and she and Bill Abernathy have been working on it and are almost finished (obtaining a list of how many lots everyone has and if they do or do not have trash); Pat recommended 1/2 lots be billed $45 for assessment fees going forward Gale will research the governing by-laws language Swimming Pool Maintenance: Bill Abernathy states he will not longer be able to perform the duties and the board will need to search for a replacement. Pat will send an email with the information. Discussion of Board Positions from October Annual Meeting Election will be tabled until Evon Nuss is in attendance. Eliminating the May Annual Meeting will be tabled until Evon Nuss is in attendance. Super Bowl Party at Clubhouse: A gathering will be held for all who wish to attend. Pat states there is a frozen turkey she will cook and anyone wishing to attend can bring side dishes. She will include additional information in an email. Open Discussion/Questions:
Glenn and Joan Fox report people continue to trespass through their property and several offenders have been confronted but continue to trespass. It was suggested they put several "No Trespassing" signs up and attempt to take pictures of the offenders. It was also recommended that perhaps barriers can be put in the area that has been the route for the trespassing. Glenn and Joan were in favor of that idea and Bo, Bill and Don Fausnight will see how they can help implement some barriers. Gary Petras brought up the concern of concrete trucks not entering in the back gate and not knowing there is a fee of $150; Pat will initiate an email to educate the members of the fee. Bill Abernathy asked Gary Petras about an 18 wheeler cab (no trailer) coming in the gate several times because he has had several people question him about this. Gary pointed out the sign posted at the front gate clearly states no 18 wheelers are allowed and that is what should be enforced.There being no other business, motion was made by Bill Abernathy to adjorn and Pat Fausnight seconded the motion with all in favor the motion carried and the meeting adjourned at 7:14 pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Katrina Feist